Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Couch to 5K

Okay I am in love with running. Holy endorphins...I need them...bad. I am on week 4 of Couch to 5K. I have really been running for 6 weeks though (I repeated week 2 and week 3 because I didnt think I was ready to advance). Week 4 is awesome.
  • 5 Minute Warm up
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
  • Walk 2 1/2 minutes
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
  • Cool down
I signed me and Matt up for our first 5K. My therapist is all for it and doesnt feel like my running obsession is my eating disorder in disguise. I will admit to having some eating disorder thoughts when I think about running but I am not abusing exercise. I think there is a healthy balance I just need to keep myself there and keep going to therapy every week and be honest.

Matt and I are running the 5K version of the Double Bridge Run in Pensacola! So I will face my bridge fear head on as I run over the Pensacola Beach bridge. It sounds all great now but ask me a few days before it!
http://doublebridgerun.com/DBRHomeWide.cfm

Okay it is almost time for America's Next Top Model and popcorn with A!


1 comment:

  1. I love this blog post. I'm so impressed with your C25K. I wish I had been as good about keeping up with that myself... it is kind of a good natural high. Good luck running the bridge!

    ReplyDelete